Saturday, June 15, 2019

A Few Canon 135mm Serenar Photos

      The Canon Serenar 4/135 is an impressive lens. Built to outlast the pyramids, it has a removable lens head, an extremely smooth focusing mechanism, and glass that delivers sharp images.
       The only thing I don't like about this lens is the amount of chrome that reflects bright sunlight upward. This makes it difficult at times to read the inscriptions for focusing and f stops that are engraved on the barrel. That's why I stuck two strips of black electrician's tape to the barrel, as shown in the photo, left,
       If I had my druthers, I'd prefer to dress this lens in black. But then it would lose that gorgeous "vintage" look, wouldn't it? I took the photos shown below with a Serenar LTM mounted on either a Canon P, Canon L2, or Nicca Type-5. Kentmere 100 film processed and scanned by www.memphisfilmlab.org
Canon P
Canon P


Canon P

Canon L2


Canon L2

Nicca Type-5


nicca Type 5

Nicca Type 5







Coming Soon: A few Leitz Elmar Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment